For more than 30 years we have remained faithful to an investment style that has earned the trust and credibility of our clients, thanks to:
Demonstrable, measurable results
The peace of mind of a consistent and comprehensible investment approach
Excellent client care and service
While we maintain strong convictions about how to invest, at EDM we adapt to the needs and aspirations of each client. Our wealth management proposal offers a flexible range of solutions tailored to our clients’ individual characteristics.
The solutions we offer include:
- Discretionary investment portfolio management
- Discretionary mandates with direct lines
- Non-independent advisory
- Management of personalised vehicles (SICAVs, unit-linked, SIL)
- Custody in any EU country or Switzerland
- Financial planning
- Tax advice through agreements with reputable independent specialists
Building and managing portfolios
Our portfolios are built in a customised, unique way, taking into account the instructions and objectives of each client, in addition to their respective regulatory profiles. In dynamic management, managers make investment decisions or propose options to clients, based on the services contracted and the assets included in the portfolio at a given time. To that end, they rely on the Asset Distribution Committee, which meets regularly to discuss and determine EDM’s view of financial markets and the tactical appeal of each asset class.
In order to offer a global portfolio diversified by financial asset, geography, and sector, we have designed a model that combines the best of internal management with a timely and precise selection from specialised managers. This way we can apply expertise, solvency, and responsibility to all the assets that make up our clients’ wealth.
We practise a transparent, comprehensible investment style that is easily accessible by our clients and helps build enduring relationships based on trust. Over time, some of the ideas we have settled on include the following:
- We practice the craft of investing without speculation.
- We avoid anticipating markets: if the best 30 days of the last 10 years are lost, the result would plummet roughly 70%.
- Our goal is to protect your net-worth from inflation after taxes.
- History shows us that no one can predict recessions and/or bear markets.
- We live in a highly volatile period in terms of economics, politics, and markets, but companies do not volatise!
- The most serious risk is not price volatility, but the loss of value: insolvency.
- We believe that companies alone “create value” over the long term, owing to profit growth.
- We do not subscribe to short-termism: we trust in the magic of compound interest.
- We do not view an investment as a still photo, but a motion picture.
- Even in the worst moments, we maintain that it’s not the end of the world.